||Overlooking part of Church Lane. The attractive historic buildings in the foreground alongside the Church wall are now converted to private houses but were formerly used as a school, a court-house and a Guildhall. Close by is the 'Church Room' building which too has served as a school. In the middle-distance, to the left, is the immaculate bowls green of Wenhaston Bowls Club (formed 1932). To the right and behind the pony field is the Playingfield, a recreational area in excess of three acres, gifted to the village in 1939. In addition to the childrens' play equipment here this important open space is the home of Wenhaston United Football Club (formed 1898) and, from 2003, the Wenhaston Sports Club's facilities.