The following information is a quick 'at-a-glance' compilation of just some of the useful things you may wish to know about Wenhaston. Fuller details, plus information on village groups and clubs, other organisations, the villlage Commons, the Doom, and much more, is included in the Wenhaston Good Village Guide (regularly updated by Blythweb Ltd).
You may also wish to consult the Wenhaston Village Map, which gives street names and the locations of places of interest.
Postcode (central area): IP19 9EP
Map Grid Ref: TM 426752
Suffolk Coastal District Council (website).
Clerk of Wenhaston with Mells Hamlet Parish Council.
Mr Richard Day,
2 Mill Down,
Suffolk IP19 8PE.
Tel: 01986 784927 Email: email@example.com (website).
Workers’ Educational Association (WEA) Wenhaston branch. Tel: 01502 478977.
Bus stops located along the main village street. Services to Halesworth (East Suffolk Line train station), Southwold, Lowestoft and local villages. For general local travel see the 'Travel Information' section of our Useful Links.
Children's Play Area:
The Playingfield (behind Wenhaston Primary School), Hall Road, Wenhaston, Halesworth, Suffolk.
To see details of events in the local area please see the Blythweb Calendar.
- Footpath Walking Group. Tel: 01502 478545.
- Leaflets available at Wenhaston Post Office, Hall Road, Wenhaston, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 9EP
Leisure and Recreation:
Click here to find a wide range of Leisure and Recreation in the Wenhaston area
Click here to find a wide range of Businesses and Services in the Wenhaston area
- Patrick Stead Hospital, Bungay Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8SG. Tel: 01986 872124. No A&E
- Cutlers Hill Doctors Surgery (in grounds of Patrick Stead Hospital), Bungay Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8SG. Tel: 01986 874618
- Minor Injuries Unit. Located at Cutlers Hill Surgery, Bungay Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8SG. Monday – Friday 8:30am – 6pm
- Prescription delivery for Halesworth Surgery and Southwold Surgery at Wenhaston Post Office, Hall Road, Wenhaston, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 9EP
- ‘Open Door Carer Support Group’, The Garden Room, Patrick Stead Hospital, Bungay Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8HP.
Held on 1st and 3rd Monday every month. 1:30pm — 4:30pm.
- Dr.Castle and Partners, Sole Bay Health Centre, Teal Close, Reydon, Southwold IP18 6GY. Tel: 01502 722326. (website)
- Wenhaston Community First Responders (Blyth Valley).
Tel: Gus Jones 01502 478085 or Ursula Mackley 01502 478438
- Click here to find a wide range of Medical, Health and Complimentary Therapies in the area
An excellent service which stops at various places in Wenhaston, according to demand. Check for route by telephoning 01473 263838 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wenhaston Word (1993 – 2012). All monthly issues between April 2007 - April 2012 available online (website).
- Wenhaston Warbler. Delivered monthly. Deadline usually 15th of the preceding month.
Places of Worship:
- St Peter’s Church, Church Lane, Wenhaston, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 9BJ
Bellringers ~ contact
Jason 01986 873336.
- Methodist Church, Chapel Lane, Wenhaston, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 9DT
Wenhaston Post Office, Hall Road, Wenhaston, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 9EP (at Village Hall).
Open Monday – Friday 9am – 1pm.
Wenhaston Primary School, Hall Road, Wenhaston, Halesworth, Suffolk, IP19 9EP
Tel: 01502 478328.
Bins for glass located at Wenhaston Village Hall, Hall Road, Wenhaston, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 9EP. There is a collection point for used ink cartridges within the Hall. Used household batteries are collected at the Post Office (see info above for opening times).
Sustrans National Cycle Network:
Sustrans Regional Route 42 passes along Blackheath Road to Bramfield and connects with Sustrans National Route 1 (Dover - Shetland Islands).
The nearest train stations are:
- Darsham Station, Main Road, Darsham, Saxmundham, Suffolk IP17 3PN
- Halesworth Station, Station Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8BZ
Both stations are on the East Suffolk Line (London Liverpool Street - Ipswich – Lowestoft).
See also the 'Travel Information' section of our Useful Links.
Wenhaston Village Hall, Hall Road, Wenhaston, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 9EP (website).
Heathside Stores, Blackheath Road, Wenhaston, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 9EU. Tel: 01502 478424.
Wenhaston Good Village Guide:
Updated by Blythweb Ltd. Available online.
Should you need more information on anything mentioned here the Parish Clerk should be able to assist.
Great care has been taken in compiling this information, which is checked regularly for accuracy,
and any errors or omissions are regretted.